Friday, May 16, 2008

Be still my beating heart....


Today I watched Jane Eyre. It was my third viewing of this delightful miniseries. This genre of film - Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility - is always a little dangerous for me. I LOVE them but a little too much. They are easy to immerse myself into and never want to come out. Plus they idealize love and the need for romantic love as the ultimate prize. But they are so delightful and always leave me wanting more. Today was a bit better because I was surrounded by several distractions so Mr. Rochester's declaration to Jane didn't make my heart swell and threaten to explode in my chest like usual. But I am still thinking of it and now I just want to watch more....mmmmmm what haven't I watch in a while? When are those pesky holds going to come in at the library?
I have considered quiting watching such films but I love them too much to give them up. Hopelessly devoted.
The picture is of my personal favorite Pride and Prejudice.

No comments: