Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ask and you shall receive

They must have heard my pleas for a new album. My brother told me today that Broken Social Scene is releasing a new album on May 4. I am delighted - new album - new tour.
I am getting old. I love music so I love a good rock show. But as I age I am getting pickier about what it takes for me to enjoy rock shows. I use to be able to stay out late and not care, show up earlier and stake out the best spot, endure huge crowds and stand all night. But now I like showing up at the time stated on the ticket and having the show start right away, sitting in a seat, and going to bed early. I am done with stinky crowded venues, doors at 7pm but show really starts at 10pm and 2am encores. Live music I love you but pajamas and sipping a glass of wine in the comfort of my own home I love you more.
Oh and Happy Valentine's Day - true love waits.

1 comment:

Becky said...

True love waits. Ah ha.