Monday, July 26, 2010

Let the music play


It is Monday morning and I am at work and exhausted after a full, fun weekend. It was a weekend filled with music and sunshine. It started Friday night around midnight. We were at the Starlite room waiting, waiting, waiting for Wolf Parade to grace us with their presence. I was getting bored and wanting to leave because I had a 6:30am walk-up call getting closer and closer. But at last they came out on stage and they did not disappoint. They were great and it was fun to be able to see up close someone I have admired for a long time. "My Apologize to Queen Mary" is one of my favorite albums and I was happy to finally see them live.
I headed to bed around 2am and then was awake with my alarm to get on the road to Calgary. It was the folk festival and I was soon going be seeing Dan Mangan an adorable man from Vancouver that I adore. Now I love Edmonton, it is my home and the folk festival here is terrific but the venue at Calgary is better. It is at Prince's Island Park next to the river and with trees all around. It was a gorgeous weekend and I was so thankful for the shade that the trees provided. I had a great time being introduced to new artists and enjoying those I already know and love.
I made it home last night just after midnight and today I am longing to go back to bed but it was worth it.
Photograph shows the highlight of my weekend, Dan Mangan.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

nice picture. good zooming action.

Miranda said...

Hey I just realized that i don't even have your phone number. Do you just use your cell? We need to catch up and I have the coolest story for you.