
Next up is Destroyer. I admit it took me a little while to warm up to this guy. You may know Dan Bejara aka Destroyer as the guitarist from The New Pornographers. I have one of his older albums that I never got into. I didn't give him much of a chance because I could not get past his voice. Even watching him live I was disappointed because he seemed disinterested and to be totally honest high as a kite.
But I got hooked on his newest album "Kaputt". "Kaputt" is fabulous and has made me a Destroyer fan. It has a jazz feel and makes me want to smoke cigarettes but don't worry I won't. Few albums have the cohesion found in "Kaputt". Eventually his voice grew on me and really suits the music found on this album. I loved this album so much I was even willing to spend an evening at the Starlight room so I could see him perform.
No comments:
Post a Comment