Had a good weekend. My parents came down on Friday and we went out for an early birthday dinner for me at Langano Skies (awesome food). Then we came back to my place and had cake. My mom made a rainbow cake which I love because she use to always make them for us when we were kids.
Then on Saturday I volunteered at the Salt & Light banquet which is an event that my church has for women and children who live in the inner city. I signed up to be there and pray while everything was going on. Sometimes it can be a struggle finding things to pray for the whole four hours but that wasn't the case. The women who came had the opportunity to write down prayer requests for us and we got so many. I wouldn't be surpassed if every single person submitted a prayer request. It was a real honor to have them be so honest and humble.
I am listening to a song right now by The Dears called "Ballad of Humankindness" and he talks about being sick of his own complacency towards the state of the world and really wanting change. Like him I want to have hope for change - so God keep giving me hope to believe that change will come and you will keep bringing people out of complacency. Bring your healing to inner city Edmonton.
And I can't believe the vast amounts of people living on the streets...And I can't believe that I haven't lent a hand that I'm just standing here...No one should have to live all of their life on their own. -The Dears
2 comments:
"No one should have to live all of their life on their own". One of the neat things about the inner city community is that it IS a community. You often find people looking out each other (you also find people stealing each others backpacks ... go figure). There is so much love in the world, but there are still so many people living "all of their life on their own". Why are so afraid of one another when it's one another that often makes life worth living?
hey heidi.
that quilt is awesome. it is sure going to beat the waffle iron we got them. you are getting really good. you gots to teach me. also i am roud of you. and a little jealuse that you have a heart for a certain people, a certain area. that is a good thing. happy b day. sorry i didn't call. glad you got the package. love britt
Post a Comment