Friday, March 16, 2007

On Vacation


It is Friday morning and I just got out of a hot tub that was outside and the rain was falling down ever so gently. I am on vacation and have no qualms about rubbing it in your faces. I love Vancouver island. I look out my aunt and uncle's window and I see both mountains and ocean - it doesn't get much better than that. I was a little unsure about going on this vacation by myself knowing that there be days when I would be totally by myself but it has been really great. I love that feeling of adventure even if it just driving around in a old truck through the streets of a town I sort of know. I suppose I have always been somewhat unsure of my independence but it really is freeing to know that I handle it well - and I enjoy even more than I thought I did.
My heart has been going through some renovations lately. My good friend tells me about a time when God taught her how to transition from loneliness to solitude. For me solitude has come fairly easily but there is some rooted loneliness attach to the idea of what I always believed my future would be. God is tugging at that root...
Check out my ride on the right
i'm not lost just undiscovered

3 comments:

Miranda said...

funny...I just left you a message at your house. I was checkin got see if you had a fabricland membership...I need loads of fabric for a project. heehee

Miranda said...

When you get home we need to go out for coffee and a long talk. Love you.

ms. maybe said...

Renovations are always inconvenient but usually rewarding. When it's God doing the renos, its always rewardingv - but still really painful. Ha.