Saturday, August 23, 2008

Visit to Shell from Hell

Well today I had my absolute worst ever visit to a gas station. All of it was my fault - no offense to Shell but it sucked.
It started off by me having to turn a sharp corner to get to one of the pumps and when I did that the bottom of my brand new car got caught on the concrete meridian. I heard a terrible grinding sound and when I got out to check there was a large dent/gash on the bottom of the side of my car extending the entire length of my driver side door. Then I went to pump my gas, I was a little frazzled at this point and forgot to put in my visa like I normal do because I love paying at the pump. So I got my gas and as I always did with my old car would squeeze it past the time when the nozzle would stop itself and off course gas comes spilling out at my feet. Note to self new car not like old car. So I got back into my beaten up car, cursing up a storm, and started to drive away. All of a sudden, as I am sitting waiting to turn, there is the attendant from the gas station "You didn't pay." I was soooo embarrassed. I had grabbed my receipt which I always do at the end of my pay at the pump transaction but of course it was the receipt from the car before me. Thankfully, the man that worked there was very nice and understood that I wasn't trying to steal his lovely overpriced fuel but I still felt pretty crummy.
I was so glad to have my good friend Angie with me because if I hadn't I probably would have lost it. So now I guess I have to take my two week old car to the body shop. But other than those 7 stinking minutes my day was pretty good.

No comments: