Saturday, November 21, 2009





I went to Peru a month and a half ago. It was an incredible trip yet oddly enough it seems so far away and so long ago. Peru is another world and one so different from the world I live in. Everything there seems so backwards to home. In Canada we have so many rules, we move really fast and we have everything we need and could ever want.
I had never thought about going to Peru before and it was not one of those places I knew I wanted to visit. One night I woke up after an intense dream and in my half wake and half sleep state God took the opportunity to speak to my heart and tell me "I'm inviting you to Peru." So 6 months later I was on a boat in the amazon providing medical care to people who have no access to health care. It was truly incredible. The children were beautiful and the people were strong and lived simple lives with absolutely nothing but for the most part seemed pretty happy. It was not an easy trip but I was so thankful that I was obedient. I think of all the missed opportunities that God has presented to me. I encourage you to always keep you heart and ears open. It may turn out to be a trip of a lifetime.

No comments: