Monday, December 07, 2009
Life is precious
I was reminded on Saturday of life's delicate balance. I received two phone calls in the morning about 15 minutes apart. The first was informing me that one of my clients had died the night before. He had lived a hard life but still his death was sudden and unexpected. I was shocked and thought to myself "what could I have done?" but the soft voice in my head spoke to me saying "you could not have changed anything." Shortly following that call I received another from a good friend of mine informing me that she had had her baby. I was thrilled and so excited for her but my heart did not know what to feel. There I stood suspended between sorrow and celebration and somehow I felt both at the same time. It is amazing how complex we are as humans. In that moment God felt very close to me. We are breath - the bible tells us our lives are like dust. Even though I could not help but feel insignificant in that moment, knowing He was present I felt valued. He is infinite and He knows me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like an emotional day.
Post a Comment