Friday, March 19, 2010

Yesterday was my first swim. I really did enjoy being in the water and trying to remember the few skills I did learn back in the day. It didn't take me long before I got winded and my arms are sore today. If only swimming didn't come with all the inconveniences of the public change room, getting wet and wearing a bathing suit. I am going to give it an honest try. I bought a month membership and I am going to go at least twice a week if not three. I just need to figure out a routine now and make it part of my life so it doesn't feel awkward. 25lbs and counting.

I have been feeling restless lately, hard to explain and parts of it I don't want to get into. I am thankful to be going on vacation soon so I can escape for a while. Well it is the start of a new day and I should get to work.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Good for you! I have been back at the Y for nearly a month and haven't lost a pound. The step classes are pretty hard right now but I know it will get easiser with time. I am actually dreading my class this morning a bit but have to force myself to go.
Restless? I can relate.
<3
I saw that you sister had her baby...he looks adorable. Congrats on being an Auntie again.

Heidi said...

Thanks Miranda. Good work on the Y and you are probably gaining muscle mass. I know for me changing my diet made more of a difference than working out. When I joined Curves last year I didn't loose much weight but I know my cardio improved.

Miranda said...

I agree that diet makes a huge difference too. I have cut out a lot of the junk and cut porion sizes. More water and fruit and veggies for snacks.