Saturday, July 17, 2010

The journey continues.

It is summer. Right now is my favorite time of year. Not because of the warm weather nor the garden in my backyard in full bloom. These are great things but not the object of my greatest affection. Tis the season of "Shakespeare in the Park". This year in particular is wonderful because they are doing two of my favorite Shakespeare plays "Macbeth" and "Much Ado About Nothing". I confessed to a couple of friends the other day that a reason one of my crushes ended was because he didn't enjoy Shakespeare. I admit I was looking for reasons to stop liking him but this is a serious offense in my books. What could be better than summer, live theatre, a beautiful park, some of Edmonton's best theatrical talent, and Shakespeare?!? So there is one week left and if you haven't seen it yet you really should. I saw Much Ado for the second time today and tomorrow is my encore performance of Macbeth.
So I have now lost 55lbs. It is a little surreal. It has been hard at times but I am so grateful for the support I have had and the strength God continues to give me. I also went to the doctor for the first time in many years. This new found respect I have for my body is an eye opener.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Holy crap Heidi! 55lbs! You are amazing. I am proud of you. And I miss you. It has been too long and when I get home we have to go out and chat. I LOVE shakespeare in the park. Wish I could go. Maybe next year. Good plays this year too.