Monday, January 17, 2011

Blue Monday

I turned on the TV this morning and it told me that today is suppose to be the most depressing day of the year. I am not sure how they determined that but Jan 17 has a reputation I suppose and is called "Blue Monday." Seems to fit my mood. I remain sad and despondent - this weekend was probably the worst thus far. So I arrived at work feeling cold and tired to discover that my one co-worker had called in sick.
The shelter is bursting at the seams these days and a wicked flu has descended on the residents it seems that everyone coming in is sick and miserable.
So I have a few moments to sit this afternoon and I have decided that I need to be thankful. There are so many good things in my life and now is the time to remember them when I feel like crawling in a hole and hibernating until my plane leaves for Cancun on Feb 26:)
Things I am thankful for:
1) Cancun where they never have snow
2) The sun that is shining outside the window as I write this
3) My health. I can't even count the number of sick people I have treated over the past couple of weeks - so many flus - and I haven't caught one yet.
4) Awesome friends who care about me
5) Family that loves me and I know I can always count on
6) A home to live in that I love with people that rock
7) A job I really enjoy and great coworkers that are fun to work with
8) Knitting needles and yarn, sewing machine and fabric, my oven and a good cookie recipe
9) Red wine
10) A heavenly Father who has never given up on me

These are just a few and I know I could keep going. These are the things I know I should be focusing on right now. My year anniversary for starting Weight Watchers is next week and that is something I am excited about. I have lost 94lbs so far still have a hard time believing it. I told my friend the other day and it is true this weight loss has been like a dream come true. So happy Blue Monday everyone - try and take some time to be thankful it helps.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

kelseydawn said...

maybe TV is depressing! smash that thing!

with love,
kelsey