My heart is heavy today. I found out this week that two different friends of mine are in abusive relationships. The one has been physically abused and is finally talking about it. I had no idea and when she told me her story I couldn't believe what she has had to go through all on her own until fairly recently.
The other friend made a decision to leave her partner and when she told him she was leaving he threatened her life and she had to seek out legal council to protect herself against him.
So last night I helped my first friend pack her house up so she can move out and hopefully sell her house. Then today after work I am going with my second friend, along with a police escort, to try and grab her personal belongings.
I am at a loss. I don't know what to tell these women. All I can do is offer what help I can and pray for them. My one friend I don't understand how bad things always seem to happen to her - it just makes no sense. Why do some people always get the crap kicked out of them?
What I can't stop thinking about this past week is how grateful I am for the men in my life. I don't know what I did to be so blessed but it is reassuring to know that good men do exist.
No comments:
Post a Comment