Sunday, August 07, 2011

Ain't that lonely yet

I am not the kind of girl that turns heads. I am not an obvious pretty and I am fine with that. So when I do turn the occasional head it throws me off guard. I was heading to Starbucks the other day to enjoy an iced beverage when I noticed a guy checking me out. When I exited the store he was still standing there. As I walked past he said " Wow. How are you doing?" Okay, nothing offensive but really how should I respond to this? Needless to say I kept walking. Men this is not the way to start a meaningful relationship. Honestly, not sure what would have made his quest a successful one but a smile and a polite hello would probably have been a good start.
Hanging out in Regina this weekend for the folk festival and having a lovely time. The smaller city has a certain appeal to it. Summer is moving along far too quickly but I am loving it. Wishing I did not have to work so I could enjoy it even more but the irony of the situation is I need to work to afford the enjoyment.

No comments: