Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Wonder Years

I spent last evening with three women I really love. I grew up with them and they are a part of me. We pulled out some old videos from the days when we they lived together, I was always over, and we were in a constant state of hanging out. Angie had purchased a video camera and decided it was a good idea to film us doing everything. She was right. Those days going to University and spending all of our free time together were the best of my life. I loved watching the videos but it was also hard. It gave me a pain in my heart longing to go back and wishing things had not changed. But things do change and people move on and get married, move away, become parents. Life happens and there is no point clinging to the past. My life now is pretty awesome and I am happy to be older, wiser and (I must include) thinner. I am still friends with these amazing people and even though I do not get to see them as often as I would like I know they are always there. I am looking forward to watching more of these videos and continuing to laugh my ass off. We have made a promise to start filming ourselves again doing awesome things so if you receive a prank phone call in the near future...it wasn't us.

No comments: