Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy 2012


I have enjoyed blogging about music in the past so I thought I would do that again. Miranda, do you still read this? I figure at least you would appreciate it.

I decided for the next week I will list albums that had a major impact on me in 2011. They did not necessarily come out this year but I discovered and loved them this year.

I will begin my list with Feist. I think Leslie Feist is incredible. She started her career playing in a punk band and screaming into a microphone and actually ended up getting surgery to repair her vocal cords. She was a part of my favorite band "Broken Social Scene" for awhile and that is when I discovered how awesome she was. I was delighted when she started to release her solo work. I did not realize she would become a pop sensation when she released "The Reminder" and started playing venues like Rexall. I admit I did not see her perform when she was in Edmonton and played at Rexall. I really love Feist but I really hate listening to artists I love at Rexall. I respect her for taking her time to release a follow-up album and in my opinion "Metals" is her best yet.

If you haven't heard it yet you really should. I have listened to this album numerous times since its release and I continue to fall in love with a different track each time.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Of course I still read it. And Happy New Year!

Heidi said...

I knew I could count on you, Miranda!