Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Funny how it is...

Not really sure why I write in this thing. No one really reads it anyway. Now I am not saying this to ask for pity or even a comment. I am simply realizing that this blog is more for me than anyone else. Simply another form of expression. Not quite a journal but deeper than a "what I did on my summer vacation" sort of thing. I guess their is just something to putting down your thoughts and sending them out into "cyberspace" that puts some sort of meaning to them. Makes them worth something more I suppose.
It snowed in the city yesterday. I had very little reaction to it as did the rest of Edmonton. It is already gone but sure to come back in the not so distant future. I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I love how it makes everything seem so beautiful - like a soft white blanket. The one thing I really don't like about snow though is that it drives all of the street people indoors and there just isn't room enough for them. The shelter where I work has been FULL every single night lately and I hate to have to tell people that I have no room in medical dorm especially for people who really need it. It really makes my heart sad but I guess you just do what you can with what you have and pray for miracles!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I read your blog! :)
Miss you. We should get together sometime.

Anonymous said...

hey heidi.
missed you this weekend. but proud of my sis who has become a woman of prayer. can't wait for christmas. today reitmans got pjs. that means christmas is on the way. love you lots hr.

ms. maybe said...

Heidi. You're right no one reads your blog. No one reads mine either. We to get cooler - and quickly.