
Thought I would brag a little and show the quilt that I am making for my parents for Christmas. I think I am pretty safe because my parents have never read my blog.
Quilting is something I started doing less than a year ago now and I really love it. I never saw myself as a creative person before and have had very little outlet for that part of me in the past. I tried various things - wrote crappy poetry and short stories, attempted beading and scrapbooking, even bought a sketch book once and tried that. All of these, plus others I am probably not remembering now, only brought me frustration and no fulfillment. But I remember once probably about a year and a half ago now having a conversation with God sort of complaining about my lack of creativity but my desire to express myself in some way and to connect to God in that at the same time. It was then that God told me that I could go ahead and try whatever I wanted. He told me I was too hung up on trying to be good at something when really all I had to do was give up my pride and enjoy it. It was then that I started dancing in my living room when I worshiped Him not caring how I looked or how foolish I felt and shortly after a friend introduced me to quilting. I realized that I wasn't that great at it but I could do it and I really loved it. Now I can spend entire days working on one sometimes with my friend Shari and other days just me and God. So today that is what I did and just wanted to share it with you my friends.
4 comments:
I have been dying to see one of your quilts. Thank you so much for posting a picture. I have always thought you were a creative person...I could NEVER do quilting. Feel free to make me one...hehehehehe!
Have I mentioned that I miss you?...it seems like so long ago that we could just hang out.
It's neat how Jesus can make things fun.
Why didn't you tell me you could dance...why, Heidi, why???
Your quilt looks fantastic Heidi! Good work!
did you just check the number who viewed your profile? the race is ON!
Post a Comment