
So I have enjoyed blogging about music I love so I have decided to continue. Well at least for one more week. I had an idea of a theme that has gotten me excited. I was originally thinking that I would blog about Canadian artists I love but there were waaaaaaay too many to choose from. Then I realized I could do an entire week on just my favorite band and as the title suggests they are Broken Social Scene (BSS). BSS is not just one band but many all in one beautiful, glorious group. Out of BSS you have:
1. Kevin Drew who released a solo album that I will later feature
2. Brendan Canning who also did a solo album
3. Feist - awesome!
4. Metric - danceable
5. Apostle of Hustle - nice Cuban flavor
6. Stars - another of my favs
7. Amy Millan - also a member of Stars that has some delightful solo material
8. Jason Collett - adorable and he has some of his own terrific albums
Now I am sure there are even more I don't even know about.
The album I have selected to feature today is my first BSS exposure thanks to my brother Ben who also adores this band. At the time the BSS was 10 members strong and even had 5 other guest artist contribute to "You Forgot it in People". If I were to create my top 10 favorite albums, which maybe I will someday, this would be on it hands down. I have listened to it countless times and have never tired of its brillance. For such a large group their cohesion is amazing. I think it is awesome to have so many creative people, so many with song writing abilities to come together and make some this perfect and not have one person stand out more than another. They all share vocals and yes most songs are written by Drew but there is no showboating allowed is BSS. I also must say I love an indie rock band that includes lots of strings on an album, so delightful. So there you are my favorite band.
Favorite track: "Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl" park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
No comments:
Post a Comment