Wednesday, January 20, 2010


My next artist/album is Sigur Ros. His music is so beautiful and if you have never heard of him I am sure you have heard his music and just not realized it. His music is often in the background and has made many soundtracks. His mix of English, Icelandic and some unknown language makes an amazing landscape for the cacophony of sound. He is an acquired taste and definitely not for everyone but when you take the time to listen I am sure you would not be disappointed.
I enjoy all of his music and his latest "Med sud I eyrum vid spilum endalaust" is more upbeat than his usual and more accessible than his older albums. Iin sticking with my theme my choice for this list is "Takk" because it falls somewhere in the middle of the musical spectrum. It is a pretty album and somewhat simpler than some of his others. The tracks are a "normal" length and have a lighter quality to them.
With Sigur Ros you have to listen to love it and I love it.

No comments: