
Kevin Drew. The leader of BSS and a man of extraordinary talent. His album Spirit If... was made with many members of BSS actually it has a total of 23 contributors. This album does showcase his songwriting and him mainly on lead vocals. This album is raw and in your face. His lyrics often shocking and makes you think "his childhood must of been messed up". But what I really appreciate about Drew is that he doesn't hold back. He puts himself out there, his music is real and honest. Drew is a fan of epic music and rarely do I hear a band pull that off as well as BSS and it translates well into Spirit If...
I LOVE the last track. It reminds me of a camp song with everyone sitting in a circle singing their hearts out while one guy strums the guitar. I like the idea that they all really get along and appreciate each other's talent. Hearts, hearts.
Favorite track: "Lucky Ones"
No comments:
Post a Comment