Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goes to show love is crazy


Just a slight diversion from my last post as today I am featuring one of the members of Stars. Amy Millan has one of the most angelic voices I have ever heard. It is almost childlike but powerful in its quality and clarity. I must admit I prefer her as a member of Stars but her solo album "Masters of the Burial" is lovely. It is a simple album that lulls along and could sing you asleep. I am just getting to know it as it is new to me but thought it deserved to be included in this weeks list.
This album is a mix of her own work as well as covers but she puts her own stamp on each track and her own material is my favorite. I listen to this album with a smile on my face and my heart feels light. A feel good album that yes doesn't have a lot of depth or layers but is definitely worth a listen.

Favorite track: "Day to Day" - "My love for you is like a river. It runs and falls and goes on forever."

No comments: