
This next album is one that I know my friend Miranda will appreciate. We have been long time Jann Arden fans and she even more hardcore than myself. She has sat in front row at her concert on more than one occasion. The album I have chosen is "Time for Mercy". It is actually Jann Arden's first album and I confess has always been my favorite. She has made many more great music since and even music that is more popular and familiar to others but "Time for Mercy" is always my fall back album. Jann is always someone I will play when I want to feel sad and especially Mercy. The only track that trumps these songs for me is on her "Happy?" album "Hangin' By A Thread" - oh I have cried many a tear listening over and over to "Hangin' By a Thread." Now this was quite a few years ago and I honesty don't use Jann Arden as a tool for my sorrow but I am listening to "Time for Mercy" as I write this and I am smiling. Even though it is emensly sad it is full of hope at times and honest which anyone can appreciate.
So there you have it. An oldy but a goody.
1 comment:
I love it too. The word mercy has taken on new meaning for me in th elast few years though. YOU CAN BLOG MUSIC ALL THE TIME. THIS IS FUN.
Post a Comment