
Sigh... Jason Collett. I adore this man. With his long skinny legs and Bob Dylan-esk voice. The first time I saw him he was opening for BSS at the Starlight Room and my ears perked up. He has a layed back attitude when it comes to his music and at times when I listen to him sing he almost sounds bored. But he has a few solo albums and two that I adore, the music very catchy and his ballads poignant. I love both albums so I had a hard time choosing between the two but I am sticking to my predictable pattern and choosing the first I heard "Idols of Exile". I love his lyrics and this album got under my skin almost instantly. When watching him on stage he is usually under the influence, unless it is an 11am session at Folk Festival where he is nearly comatose, but knows how to put on a good show and is always playful with the audience. He was born to write music and sing and anyone can tell. For another excellent album that will knock your socks off check out "Here's To Being Here". I just went to his website and his new album is being released early March. I am thrilled and that probably means he will be touring again!
Favorite track: "Hangover Days" - "out the Columbia hotel window I threw my heart into the streets."
3 comments:
I have this album but never really got into it. Maybe it needs another listen.
Yes I believe it does.
We All Lose One Another- brilliant song.
Post a Comment